Spring 2017 Elections
Elections for the 2017-18 SAS Board will take place in early April.
Contact Kelly at email@example.com for more information.
Note: available positions reflect the February 2017 Constitution restructuring*
*Changes to the SAS Board:
- All positions, except for the co-treasurers, can run from abroad!
- Introduction of the Student Organizations Commissioner - this position will organize snack in collaboration with CLORGs, serve as a liaison between Clubs, Organizations, and the SAS Board, and will stock the materials in the Student Union.
- Dissolution of the Campus Activities Chair - this person organizes snack! Now snack will be hosted by the new Student Organizations Commissioner position.
- Dissolution of the Student Union Chair - this person stocks the materials in the Student Union! Now, that work will be done by the Student Organizations Commissioner position
- Dissolution of the CLORGs Chair - this person serves as a liaison between Clubs, Organizations, and the SAS Board. Now, that work will be done by the Student Organizations Commissioner, who can also make sure the Student Union is tailored to the needs of individual students and student groups!
- Dissolution of the Media Relations Chair - this person maintains the SAS website! Now, that work will be done by the SAS Secretary
- Combination of the the Senate Chair and the Vice President into the Executive Vice President - both of these positions are supposed to incorporate student perspective into SAS Board discussions and advocacy; now they will be merged to more effectively reach students!